This service is open source, so all of its code is inspectable and can be contributed to.
Click each component in this diagram to get to the hash of the source code currently running in production.
The metadata defining the service for App-Interface is kept upstream and open as templates for both the osbuild-composer and image-builder components. The tooling to operate the service is to large parts open source and publicly accessible, e.g. qontract in the form of qontract-server, qontract-reconcile. The architecture documents in this section comply with the AppSRE contract.
Our developer guide is a great starting point to learn about our workflow, code style and more!
If you want to contribute to our frontend or backend, here are guides on how to get the respective stack set up for development:
- Mailing List: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issues: Service, On premises, github.com/osbuild
- Pull requests: github.com/osbuild
- 🟢 The source code is open.
- 🟢 Unit tests are open.
- 🟢 Performance tests are open.
- 🟢 Functional tests are open.
- 🟢 The dependencies are open source.
- 🟢 Deployment metadata is open.  
- 🟢 External contributors can follow the same workflow as team members.
- 🟢 The workflow is publicly documented.
- 🟢 Regular contributors can trigger CI.
- 🟢 External contributions are eagerly reviewed.
- 🟢 There is a public mailinglist.
- 🔴 There are public meetings.
- 🟢 There is an open status page.
- 🔴 Logging, monitoring, and alerting is open.
- 🔴 Incident management is open.